- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Cut the broccoli into large florets and toss in light olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Grate a little lemon zest over the top.
- Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes until it’s charred in places and cooked right through.
- Shred the chicken into medium sized pieces and toss in the baking tray with the warm broccoli.
- Serve on a platter scattered with the toasted pine nuts and an extra grating of lemon zest.
- Finish with torn basil leaves and shavings of parmesan.
Roasted broccoli with shredded chicken, pine nuts, basil, and parmesan
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 30 mins
- Serves 4
Recipe developed by eco-chef Tom Hunt
This is a winning dish. Surprisingly tasty, full of robust and savoury flavours and a great way to use up cooked chicken. Also, if your broccoli is looking a bit tired, then this is a delicious way to give it new life and save it from the compost monster. Save energy by batch cooking other ingredients for the week whilst using the oven to roast the broccoli.