Pan steamed watercress
- Wash the watercress and chop into rough pieces.
- Slice the garlic.
- Bring a lidded frying pan to a medium high heat and add the glug of olive oil.
- Drop in the garlic and watercress when the oil starts to sizzle and place the lid on the pan.
- Leave for 1 minute.
- Remove the lid and stir – serve as soon as the watercress is wilted.
Mechoui Welsh Lamb and harissa
- Preheat oven 200°C.
- Mash the butter with the spices, salt, pepper, lemon zest and garlic.
- Rub the butter with the spices over the lamb into any nooks and crannies.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until brown – remove and cover tightly with foil.
- Turn down the oven to 150°C and return the lamb.
- Cook slowly for at least 3 hours. Check half way through to make sure it’s not burning and spoon some of the buttery juices over the top.
- Remove from the oven and rest, covered in the foil, for 30 minutes.
- Once rested, pull the lamb off the bone and return to the juices.
- Serve mixed with the wilted watercress and harissa.
The watercress and lamb will keep well for 4 days in the fridge. Reheat until hot right through in a pan and adjust seasoning if necessary.